QUICK GUIDE to SEO
Let’s talk about SEO, search engine optimization. Digital marketers will always tell you Content strategy begins and ends with users in mind. While ROI and sales is the bottom line, identifying with the people who are your potential customers, clients and prospects is important.
Creating personas, representations of you potential client types and customer identities is a good idea. This will help you understand your target audience’s online behaviors, interests, and expectations and in this way marketers can develop stronger content that compels users to interact with and talk about your brand. Remember that, great content strikes a balance between users and search engines.
1) Analyze current data from search, social, and other owned assets to identify user trends (top content, sharing/engagement, and demographic data)
2) See what content currently appears in search and what competitor content users see when searching for related terms and keywords
1) Examine competitor content strategies to understand what content your audience currently sees in search
2) Look at the blogs and content of your competitors, follow them on Social Media, maybe you can learn from each other
Personas and Audience Targeting
1) Identify what users want and expect from your brand
2) Create a story from your data that identifies trends, behaviors, and interests to develop personas for unique audience segments
3) Create personas, of typical profiles of your prospects, be as detailed as possible. Give them fictional names, then when you make a piece of content highlight to which personas the items speaks. The best content will be to the majority of the personas you created.
Back-end SEO Tips
- Maintain a consistent schedule and focus by creating a content calendar that identifies topics and keywords for each piece of content
- Integrate keywords into content and back-end optimization such as headlines, page titles, URLs, and meta descriptions
- Leverage tools to audit content for SEO such as Yoast for WordPress
- Create unique pages for content to earn authority for individual assets
- Generate quality links from bloggers and trustworthy publications to help search engines connect content with keywords
- Perform periodic audits to discover and fix any broken links
- When applicable, optimize content for local search with unique pages and detailed information for individual locations
- Create an XML sitemap and submit to Google and Bing to assist in indexing pages
- Amplify content with paid media to increase visibility across the web
I hope you enjoyed this exploration of the basics of SEO, I invite you to share this article.