Intema Solutions Inc. presents:
Why use Segmentation?
January 16th, 2015.
In the comming weeks our software will be introducing Segmentation. Some of you may know what this is, others may not. So let’s explore a little bit about what this means:
- Segmentation (targetting sub-lists of your contact list), is a way marketing departements to manage their content and Newsletter to produce better opens, clicks and general engagement for clients and prospective clients.
- It is dependent on how much information you have plugged into your Database about your clients, the more custom fields, the more “segements” you can make and the more personalized your Newsletters can be to your audience.
- In 2015, this is important and quite basic for marketing practices. It could be argued, Email Campaigns without Segmetnation, Newsletters with content that targets different audiences within your contact list and a certain amount of personalization, are no longer up to date or effective marketing strategies.
Different audiences have different communication needs. And different segments of audiences have different communication needs. As PR has progressed from the days of mass communication, we have increasingly been able to target our messages to the needs of different audience segments – internally and externally.
- It’s Work
- The slicing and dicing of a list of people can be quite demanding, so the challenge is to find the balance between the smallest number of messages and channels required to distribute information, while at the same time forming audience-segments that are as similar as possible.
- Audience segmentation is a key part of marketing communication. That’s why many organizations compile email lists of customers and potential customers – email lists enable much better targeting than other types of lists.
1. Plan beforehand which custom fields are most relevant to your business and acquire that information from your clients and prospective clients
2. Include at a bare minimum:
The year they joined your organization as a Client,
If they are a big or small client, a high spender or a low spender (create a four tier range ideally),
Urban or rural location,
and phone number.
- That is already 13 fields, but the more fields our contact list has for customers, the better you are going to be able to create segements.
- For segmentation you want to design content for your Newsletters that is as directed to your audience as possible.
- Clients will value and respect you more if you can tailor content that is relevant, personalized and keyed in on them, their situation and their culture.
- More Personalized Newsletters will not only increase sales, improve engagement but boost human rapport on a very fundamental level. It’s that service - client relationship and it’s authenticity that is the key to making your Email Campaigns a great success.
Food for Thought
- Do you send the same Newsletter to all of your clients, lumping them into one category?
- Do you send promotional material to prospective clients?
- Do you have a VIP list of your clients and tailor advanced content for them?
- Do you even have much information on your clients and if not, how can you get it?
- Do you have an assistant or marketing associate that can help you segment your list, if not, how come?
If you don’t have a lot of information on your clients, beside the name and E-mail, here is a tip. Use the analytics in Konversation / agent itself to make segements: