Wearble Smart Technology - The New Kid on the Block in 2015
December, 8th, 2014.
“Wearable smart electronics in glasses, watches, shoes, tattoos and accessories will emerge as a $10 billion industry by 2016.”
What if what you wear could Augment your reality, plug you into the Internet of Things smart-grid, enhance your fashion sense with smart cutomizable textiles? Don’t look at me funny, this is closer to consumer than you might believe! From connected living to more easy payments in retail, to apps that aren’t just about information but how you will be engaging with the world, wearable technology during the 2015-2020 period will usher in a whole new world, literally!
Hello everyone, retail technology is seeing a new kid on the block who is no longer piggy-backing on smartphones. We expect Wearable Tech to become more competaitive and mainstream in the 2015-2020 period.
Wearable tech should mirror tablet growth in terms of numbers and especially in the following industries:
- Entertainment, Media and Communications (EMC)
Brands are racing to establish themselves in this relatively niche market that is growing fast.
Wearable tech is a moderately new market, and not unexpectedly it’s Millenials who are using them and most looking forward to them:
53 percent of millennials and 54 percent of early adopters say they are excited about the future of wearable tech. Among the top three potential benefits:
- Improved safety: Ninety percent of consumers expressed that the ability for parents to keep children safe via wearable technology is important.
- Healthier living: More than 80 percent of consumers listed eating healthier, exercising smarter and accessing more convenient medical care as important benefits of wearable technology.
- Simplicity & ease of use: Eighty-three of respondents cited simplification and improved ease of technology as a key benefit of wearable technology.
Smart Watches, bracelts, glasses, shirts, clothing are some of the current leads in the field.
- Wearable computerGPS watch
- Mixed reality
- Computer-mediated reality
- Clothing technology
- Smart Shirt
- Augmented Reality